Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My bash









As I woke up this morning I thought I should share some of the pictures taken during my surprise birthday party organised and planned by my friends. It was in April 2012 and I will never forget that day. It meant a lot to me because my friends felt I deserved it and that made me feel so special and loved.

How did it happen? It was a normal Tuesday morning and I had to go to work. Apparently my "besto"Tolu had been planning weeks before with my colleagues at work as well as my close friends about this surprise bash but I didn't know! I got to work and everyone was asking how I will celebrate my birthday this year and all I said was I am doing nothing since that day was just like every other day to me.

I should have realised something was cooking when everyone kept asking me about today!

Anyways, I went about my daily activities at work...even my boss knew about it. One of my friends already promised to take me out for dinner that day to celebrate so I started planning on what to wear. I had bought a new shirt a few days before so I wore that to work hoping to go home and change into something nicer for my dinner date.

My friend started calling and pinging around 3pm that day to ask when I can get off work so we can hang out and I had to think on how to ask my boss for permission to close early cos it was my birthday and by  5pm I went to ask for that permission and to my surprise, I was asked to leave which was even weirder cos I know how demanding my job is.

Long story short... my friend came to pick me up to hang out at a bar/restaurant close to my office and I noticed he came with another friend of mine and both were coding on the phones. I later insisted on going home to change into something dressier for the dinner we had planned and on getting home I noticed a lot of cars parked. My heart started racing and by the time I entered through the gate I just couldn't walk properly because I knew something was up! My legs turned to rubber and as I was about to bail everyone came at me and shouted "Surprise! Happy Birthday...it was a party! A D.J was hired. My mum came and the rest of the evening was like a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment